We appreciate you may have questions and concerns regarding your new wig so we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions to help you. If you cannot find the answer here, please do not hesitate to contact our Gosport Hair Loss Clinic for advice and a range of wigs.
What happens at my initial Consultation?
On your first appointment, a detailed consultation will be carried out which lasts around 45 minutes to 1 hour. This will include questions regarding your lifestyle and which wig style and colour you would prefer.
How long does it take for my wig to arrive after ordering?
If we have the wig in stock, you can take it home that day. If not, we will place an order which will take approximately 2-3 weeks.
Will you check the fit of my wig on collection / purchase?
We will check the fitting when you choose your wig. If it doesn’t fit correctly, we can adjust it and also offer a personalisation service if you need a fringe trim or any weight taken out.
If you have any problems, questions or concerns, we are available to help you.
Which is better – real hair or synthetic hair for wigs or hair pieces?
It’s completely up to the patient / client but each wig has different advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of Real Hair Wigs
- They are heat resistant
- They can be washed, curled or straightened giving you a different look each day
- Real hair wigs last longer than synthetic ones
Disadvantages of Real Hair Wigs
- A lot heavier than synthetic wigs
- Colour fades more quickly
- More expensive
Advantages of Synthetic Hair
- A lot easier to look after and manage
- Colour lasts and keeps shine
- Dries in a few hours
Disadvantages of Synthetic Hair
- Friction frizz
- Life expectancy of the wig is not as long
How do I look after my wig?
You can purchase a wig aftercare pack from our Hair Loss Clinic in Hampshire.
We recommend that you wash your wig once a week.
Simple steps for washing your wig….
- Partially fill a bowl with tepid water
- Pour a capful of shampoo into the water, place the wig in the water and ‘swish’ around
- Remove the wig from the bowl and rinse it under a cold running tap
- Run a fresh tepid bowl of water and add a capful of conditioner to it
- Place the wig in the bowl and leave to soak for up to 10 minutes
- Remove the wig from the bowl and rinse it well under a cold running tap again
- Pat dry with a towel then place the wig on poly head stand
- Allow your wig to dry for a couple hours
- Brush the wig when fully dry
Can I use hair straighteners on my wig?
Real hair wigs can only be straightened with hair straighteners that go up to 140 degrees, not GHD’s.
Please contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.